Thyme-Sea Salt Crackers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flours and salt. Gradually add water and 1/4 cup oil, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough into three portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick each cracker with a fork; brush lightly with remaining oil. Mix thyme and sea salt; sprinkle over crackers.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cracker: 23 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Mar 18, 2018
Crunchy, salty crackers. If I knew years ago how easy it was make crackers, geez!I'll be making these again! With as popular as it is to serve Charcuterie, these are a MUST-HAVE!
Mar 5, 2017
Tasty, quick, and easy. I did not have fresh thyme, so I used about 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried, and added it to the flour mixture before adding the water and oil. I think they might be better with less thyme and/or with the thyme on top as written.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.