Creamy Pumpkin Hummus
I love to serve this pumpkin hummus with sliced apples, pears and pita chips. Top it with toasted pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of pumpkin oil and even fried sage leaves. —James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil or pumpkin oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin oil or olive oil, optional
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- Baked pita chips, sliced apples and pears, optional
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, optional
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Garnish with pumpkin oil, pomegranate seeds and toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve with pita chips, apples and pears.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 76 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Hummus in Taste of Home October/November 2019