Creamy Pumpkin Hummus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil or pumpkin oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil or olive oil, optional
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- Baked pita chips, sliced apples and pears, optional
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, optional
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Garnish with pumpkin oil, pomegranate seeds and toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve with pita chips, apples and pears.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 153 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jan 20, 2020
Yum...with it's mild pumpkin flavor and silky-smooth texture, this recipe can't be beat! A new favorite and something we'll be enjoying often!
Oct 23, 2019
This is very easy and delish. The pumpkin flavor is not overpowering; it still tastes like hummus, but with a warm autumn feel! My lunch guests loved it as an appetizer. Will make for any special occasion this fall. Thank you,James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor
Oct 20, 2019
This was really good. This is the first time making hummus for me. The tahini was a little strong but it could be the type I used.
Aug 26, 2019
I was so tired of boring hummus and was intrigued by this recipe. I love that it is colorful, and goes with sweet and savory items. Loved it on the pear slices. It's definitely a great boredom buster in the hummus world.