Creamy Pumpkin Tortellini
My kids love the creamy, rich sauce on these tortellinis so much that they don't even know pumpkin is inside. Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the best, nutty and delicious flavor. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Additional grated or shredded Parmesan, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add pumpkin and nutmeg; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add tortellini; toss with sauce, adding enough reserved pasta water to coat pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and, if desired, additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 363 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.