Creamy Shrimp Tortellini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash dried basil
- Dash dried oregano
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups refrigerated three-cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a skillet, saute the green pepper, red pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until almost tender. Stir in the flour, garlic salt, basil and oregano until blended. Combine cream and wine; gradually stir into pepper mixture. Add bay leaf. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring several times.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini in boiling water for about 5 minutes or until tender; drain. Cook shrimp in boiling water for 3 minutes or until they turn pink; drain. Discard bay leaf. Stir tortellini and shrimp into sauce.
Nov 5, 2014
Very bland. I would not recommend this to anyone and certainly would not serve it to friends. My husband was excited about tortellni and very disappointed.
Jul 13, 2013
I only had orange and yellow peppers in my fridge so I'm sure mine came out a bit sweeter than this recipe, but even so I'd say this one's a keeper. The only change I made was to add some salt and pepper. It seemed a bit flat before hand but after I felt like that really help the rest of the flavors pop
Feb 19, 2013
husband says "a keeper". I made the shrimp for him and used chicken for me. Really good
Apr 17, 2012
I had to make due with the ingredients in my fridge so I actually used a poblano pepper instead of green and red peppers and sour cream instead of half-and-half. Still, this turned out so amazing. It was a perfect combination of creamy and flavorful. Will definitely make again.
Apr 11, 2011
This sauce is so creamy and flavorful – what a nice change from alfredo! I didn't have any peppers or mushrooms on hand, so I used zucchini. Thanks for the great recipe!
Nov 26, 2010
What an incredibly good recipe. The cream sauce turns out perfect, and the flavors are very good