Creamy Shrimp Mousse
Folks will think you're spoiling them when you serve this wonderful shrimp mousse! Molded in a ring, it looks fancy even as it feeds a crowd.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1/3 cup cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Lettuce leaves
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, cream cheese and mayonnaise. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth; remove from the heat; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly. Add the shrimp, onion, celery and cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 6-cup mold. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate. Garnish with parsley if desired. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 71 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 14, 2010
This was a big hit. Nice on crackers, or served with scoop tortilla chips. I used low fat cream cheese, and I sauteed the onions. I also used 2 120g tins of small shrimp.