Creamy Pesto Shrimp Linguine
This is a fantastic dish to impress friends with. They never suspect how easy it is to make. The pesto cream sauce makes it even more delectable than a typical Alfredo sauce.—Jessica Kempton, Logan, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp in butter until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside. Add cream to the pan; bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cheese, pesto and pepper until smooth. Return shrimp to the pan; heat through. Drain linguine; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup linguine with 1 cup sauce: 1000 calories, 73g fat (41g saturated fat), 355mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Pesto with Shrimp in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3