Creamy Pesto Shrimp Linguine
This is a fantastic dish to impress friends with. They never suspect how easy it is to make. The pesto cream sauce makes it even more delectable than a typical Alfredo sauce.—Jessica Kempton, Logan, Utah
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp in butter until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside. Add cream to the pan; bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in the cheese, pesto and pepper until smooth. Return shrimp to the pan; heat through. Drain linguine; serve with sauce.
1 cup linguine with 1 cup sauce: 1000 calories, 73g fat (41g saturated fat), 355mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC