Artichoke Shrimp Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 12 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the red pepper, garlic and onion in oil and butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the shrimp; saute until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Drain linguine; serve with shrimp mixture.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 638 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 275mg cholesterol, 1257mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 2, 2015
I was a bit leery about serving this to DH because of the artichoke hearts, but I needn't have worried; he loved it. Will definitely make again.
Jan 28, 2011
My husband is still raving about this dish. I forgot the wine, and used thawed cooked shrimp, but it was still delicious.
Jan 26, 2010
It was quick and great. Subbed Green pepper for red. Added whole black olives and mushrooms, and lots more garlic. (We love our garlic.) Did not have creole seasoning so went Italian with 1/8 tsp of basil and oregano.