Creamy Shrimp Linguine
"My husband loves shrimp, so I'm always looking for different ways to fix it," explains Jackie Hannahs of Fountain, Michigan. "This easy recipe, nicely seasoned with fresh garlic, tastes so good."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and oregano in butter until onion is crisp-tender. Gradually add the cream and cheeses; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Add the shrimp; heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 697 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 335mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 44g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Shrimp Linguine in Quick Cooking July/August 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.