Asparagus Shrimp Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 wedges The Laughing Cow garlic and herb Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook linguine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp and garlic; cook 2-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in broth; cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Add Swiss cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper; stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain linguine and asparagus, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Stir linguine and asparagus into shrimp mixture, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 444 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Sep 12, 2019
This is SO GOOD!! Prepared just as instructed and wouldn’t change a thing. Easy steps, quick to make. This is a keeper!
Mar 30, 2019
This will definitely be a repeat meal....my husband really liked it and he isn't to much on pasta type dishes....didn't have the Laughing Cow garlic and herb so I got just the Laughing Cow plain Swiss and added powdered garlic and Italian herbs...let it sit for awhile...it even came out looking like the picture...I would recommend this recipe