Shrimp and Asparagus Penne
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute asparagus in butter for 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and cream until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Remove from the heat. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 417 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 5, 2010
Wow! Very simple and easy. My two and four year old loved this recipe. I will make 1/2 the recipe next time, too much food for one meal. The plus side is leftovers for work:)