Pasta with Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 to 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound mostaccioli or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook the garlic, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce in oil and butter for 1 minute. Add the asparagus, salt and pepper; saute until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in cheese. Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 259 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
May 8, 2018
excellent. I used gluten free pasta (green lentils) and it was fabulous!
Jun 6, 2017
Made just as recipe states, except used different kind of pasta. I even weighed the asparagus and pasta for the correct portions. Lacked flavor. The cheese clumped together. Ended up sprinkling more cheese on top of serving on the plate. If I ever make this again. I will not add the cheese to the dish, but sprinkle on top of the serving.
May 16, 2017
I enjoyed this. It's much like cavatelli and broccoli. I used penne pasta.
Jun 17, 2016
Easy and delicious! I prepare it as written and we love its simplicity...a great example of "less is more."
Mar 3, 2016
Heads up an entire teaspoon of red pepper flakes is to much and I like hot spicy food. I cut this in half and it was plenty spicy. I would start with a 1/4 teaspoon and add more per taste. Other than the spice level pretty good, simple to make.
Jan 7, 2016
This is delicious. I BBQ chicken breast and slice to serve on pasta.
Apr 26, 2015
I am known for this recipe! I serve the hot sauce on the side, but otherwise, I make it exactly according to the directions. I have been making it for about fourteen years, and it is much requested by my friends. It is a perfect meal to share with meat eaters and meat-free eaters. We who eat meat don't miss it. The dish is very hearty!
Nov 27, 2012
Followed the recipe and loved it!
Nov 22, 2012
One of my families favorite. I use a little less oil and more cheese and adjust the peppers to taste!!! YUMMY!!!!
Nov 14, 2012
Excellent choice for a light quick dinner. I used whole wheat thin spaghetti.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.