Asparagus & Cheese Frittata
This rich and creamy frittata begins in the skillet and ends in the oven. We like this melty, cheesy dish with salad on the side. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in bread cubes.
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; pour in egg mixture. Cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until nearly set. Sprinkle with Gruyere cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 325 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 263mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Baked Asparagus Frittata with Gruyere in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016