Asparagus & Cheese Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients until blended; stir in bread cubes.
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; pour in egg mixture. Cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until nearly set. Sprinkle with Gruyere cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 325 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 263mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Jan 17, 2020
Thanks! It was helpful. I would like to help people out there through my experience. Being on a diet is pretty much difficult as I used to have these cravings for pizzas and sandwiches. So one fine day my friend suggested me this so called keto bread. It is a recipe guide by a nutritional biochemist, Kelley Herring. After going through her website: //*https://bit.ly/379hIZv*// , I have learnt that traditional bread produces certain compounds that trigger receptors in our brain causing pleasure whenever we consume cheese, pizza,etc. This, over a time causes cravings, eventually making it impossible to burn fat, which is the worst we can do to our body. Also that, gluten free products contain arsenic that lead to headaches, fatigue, brain fog, digestive issues, heart disease, cancer and diabetes. And then I got her guide and ended up baking grain free low carb bread and trust me, I never felt the need to cheat on my diet and the best thing is that the taste was all same. I have a healthy body now, in a shape I dreamt of. I would highly recommend you to go through her website, she is assuring 100% money-back guarantee.
Apr 10, 2016
Easy and very tasty. We really liked this with the bread in it.