Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (8 ounces), cut into 12 slices and toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the asparagus; cover and boil for 2-4 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes, basil, onions, lime juice, oil, garlic, lime zest, salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, spoon asparagus mixture onto bread. Sprinkle with blue cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 88 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 25, 2018
Saw this in the April May issue of Country Woman, and because I host about 10 parties a year, I am always interested in new appetizers. Yes, I agree with the reviewer (mbrown3) that it is delicious. However, the mixture had a tendency to fall off the toast at first bite (which I discovered when I took a trial bite before serving.) To prevent this from becoming my new carpet pattern, I put a small amount of cream cheese on each slice and then added the topping. That really helped to hold it all together while being eaten. Everyone loved these and I will make it again.
Dec 18, 2009
This was absolutely delicious. Made this for my sons Bday as an appetizer for Chicken and Eggplant parm. The guests were mostly young men from 20-24. Couldn't believe how much they enjoyed this. This is a keeper
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.