Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 3 cups dried apricots (about 14 ounces)
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup plum preserves or apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut each bacon strip into thirds. Fold each apricot piece around an almond; wrap with a piece of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place on two ungreased 15x10x1-in. pans. Bake until bacon is crisp, 20-25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Place sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; cook and stir until heated through. Drain wraps on paper towels. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 44 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 23, 2014
Different and so tasty. Served them to a group and it was a sure-fire hit. Definitely keeping this one in my rotation.
Mar 24, 2010
Try wrapping the apricots in proscuitto ham instead and to give guests a choice when passing around a tray of these delicious treats, try using dried chunks of mango or pineappe, in place if the apricot.
Sep 21, 2009
I made these for a gathering last night and everyone went crazy for them. They were so easy to prepare.
Jul 23, 2009
You could probably use deli ham instead of bacon.
Jun 25, 2009
Please. . . What can I use instead of bacon??
Aug 28, 2008
These look good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.