Asparagus Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 cups zesty Italian dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine asparagus with the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 307 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
May 24, 2016
This is a great salad. I followed the recipe except for making changes to the proteins. I coated the chicken in Italian seasoning and then braised 1" cubes. Using the same pan I put 1 lb of raw shrimp coated with dill weed and cooked until pink on both sides. I let them both cool and followed the rest of the recipe. I'll definitely make this again.
Jun 19, 2013
Great pasta salad!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.