Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil and butter until tender. Add asparagus; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add wine or broth; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Remove from the heat.
- Drain linguine; add to asparagus mixture. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 245 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 24, 2018
This was delicious! I felt there was a little too much asparagus though, I may cut that back just a tad next time. I used a real lemon, which I juiced, and I also added in some of the zest as well (which I think really made this dish even better!). This was super easy and the wine lemon made it a light dish, perfect for summer. I felt like the flavor didn't hold up quite as well w/ the leftovers, but it still tasted yummy.
May 14, 2014
Loved this, excellent flavor and beautiful presentation. Will be making again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Apr 27, 2013
Asparagus didn't blend into the pasta very well.
Oct 15, 2011
This was good. I added chicken to add protein to the meal.
May 16, 2011
Neither my husband or I are a lover of asparagus, but it's one of the few veggies my almost 2 year old will eat. So, I gave this recipe a try and we all LOVED it!!! I've made it 3 times already since trying it, and I'm making it again for dinner tonight. I didn't have linguine the first time I made it so I used shell pasta instead. Awesome! It was like the shells scooped up the flavor and it was fabulous. I've used other pastas since, but we still prefer shell pasta the most!
Mar 11, 2008
This was Sooooo GOOD!! It is definitely a keeper. I didn't have linguini so I used rotinit (spinach, carrot & wheat). It looked so nice w/all the colors!!Yummmm!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.