Asparagus with Blue Cheese Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk or half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small saucepan, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, whisk cream cheese, milk and salt over low heat until smooth. Stir in blue cheese and heat through. Drain asparagus and top with sauce.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 157 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
May 26, 2015
My family enjoyed it.
May 13, 2012
Made this for Mother's Day Dinner. It was a huge hit with mom, who loves blue cheese.
Mar 7, 2011
To avoid the ads in the printed copy, go to the Print, etc. box at the right of the recipe, click on Print & then choose 3/5, etc. (size). Print copy will not have any extra non-recipe text on it.....
Jun 24, 2009
What I do in this case is, copy the recipe into Word, then you can delete items or add comments. I also make folders for different web sites. Hope this helps.
Apr 9, 2009
I realize that places like this need to advertise but I rather object to those same adds being put on the bottom of the "print" pages. I just wanted to print the recipe, NOT the ads. CBrumfield
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.