Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus with Raspberry Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut prosciutto slices in half. Wrap a prosciutto piece around each asparagus spear; secure ends with toothpicks.
- Grill asparagus, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp, turning once. Discard toothpicks.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave jam and vinegar on high for 15-20 seconds or until jam is melted. Serve with asparagus.
Nutrition Facts1 asparagus spear with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce: 50 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Jun 4, 2012
simple and impressive... we used ham rather than prosciutto. All of our guests enjoyed nibbling on the asparagus and we ended up using the left-over sauce to add a little flavor to the salmon.
Aug 31, 2011
While visiting relatives I made this and they all loved it so much, we had to print several copies! Yes, I have already made it again!