Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus with Raspberry Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut prosciutto slices in half. Wrap a prosciutto piece around each asparagus spear; secure ends with toothpicks.
- Grill asparagus, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp, turning once. Discard toothpicks.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave jam and vinegar on high for 15-20 seconds or until jam is melted. Serve with asparagus.
Nutrition Facts1 asparagus spear with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce: 50 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 4, 2012
simple and impressive... we used ham rather than prosciutto. All of our guests enjoyed nibbling on the asparagus and we ended up using the left-over sauce to add a little flavor to the salmon.
Aug 31, 2011
While visiting relatives I made this and they all loved it so much, we had to print several copies! Yes, I have already made it again!