Marinated Asparagus with Blue Cheese
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine green onions, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add asparagus; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Drain asparagus, discarding marinade. Place asparagus on a serving plate; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 136 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 19, 2019
If making for a party, can this be done the day before. Will they keep crisp?
May 19, 2015
I was lucky enough to find our favorite thick stalks of asparagus for this recipe. We had it instead of slaw with our fish dinner. Delicious! This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thank you, Susan!
May 10, 2015
WOW! I made just half of the recipe, which worked just fine, and have loved just snacking on these amazing asparagus. Better than chips any day to ease that urge for a crunch. And, I just made a sandwich with these spears, a slice of ham, some mayo on rye... Spectacular!