Marinated Asparagus with Blue Cheese
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine green onions, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add asparagus; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Drain asparagus, discarding marinade. Place asparagus on a serving plate; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 136 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 19, 2015
I was lucky enough to find our favorite thick stalks of asparagus for this recipe. We had it instead of slaw with our fish dinner. Delicious! This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thank you, Susan!
May 10, 2015
WOW! I made just half of the recipe, which worked just fine, and have loved just snacking on these amazing asparagus. Better than chips any day to ease that urge for a crunch. And, I just made a sandwich with these spears, a slice of ham, some mayo on rye... Spectacular!