Chicken Asparagus Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus in an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish; drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken and garlic in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the lemon juice, peel and butter; heat through. Remove from the heat. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture and asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 497 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 20, 2018
I thought this recipe was great! It has a bold lemon flavor and is a nice chance of pace from other chicken- asparagus-pasta recipes. I will definitely be making this again!
Jul 7, 2017
Delicious! It's quite a bit more lemony than I expected, but the whole family loved this. I added just a half tablespoon of butter to it as I felt it needed just a bit more.This recipe is definitely going in my rotation.
Feb 28, 2017
Tasty, but a bit dry...Reccomend adding a bit of half and half...
Aug 31, 2013
This was a great recipe. Very good and easy with very little ingredients. A great combination of ingredients. I have made this dish several times and love it every time I make it.
Mar 26, 2012
Yum!! This was a fast and easy recipe that the entire family loved. Will definitely make again.
Mar 5, 2012
This is actually my submitted recipe, but they downsized it for 2 servings. When I make, I use a pound of gemelli pasta, a pound of chicken, the zest and juice of a whole lemon, 2 if "dry", a "bundle" of asparagus, most of a stick of butter and 1/4 cup olive oil (as combining the oil and butter keeps butter from burning), lots of garlic and at least a cup of the fresh shaved parmesan. It really is amazing, especially now with the fresh asparagus, which I roast at 450, not 400 until just done.
Feb 26, 2012
I was skeptical because there was only one review, but I had chicken and asparagus that needed to be cooked and WHOA! It was amazing. Such a simple easy recipe to make, prep time and cooking is 30 mins all together. I personally would have liked to be more saucey. So I headed another tsp of butter (substitute margarine for a lighter healthy version).
Jan 4, 2012
This was a wonderful pasta! I substituted linguine and added red pepper flakes. I also used a little low sodium chicken broth instead of butter and it came out delicious!!