Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves and shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pot.
- In same pot, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add red pepper and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pot.
- Add broth and artichoke hearts; return to a boil. Stir in spinach and chicken; cook just until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Stir in feta cheese. If desired, top servings with basil and Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 357 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 3, 2015
Very good, even cold the next day.
Dec 11, 2014
This is a quick and delicious recipe. I cut the recipe down for two and substituted yellow pepper and did not have spinach on hand, but it was great anyway, even my picky husband wanted seconds.
Nov 3, 2014
We enjoyed this recipe. I did not use white wine but will try it next time. It was relatively easy to prepare. It makes a lot--would be a good dish to take to a church function.
Oct 25, 2014
Not a fan. Felt it was lacking something. I was very disappointed as I was so looking forward to eating as it looks gorgeous. Taste is mediocre. Sorry.
Oct 21, 2014
This dish is outstanding! I will say it is all about your wine selection. A fantastic meal that is easy to prepare. Quite healthy and appealing to the eye. It is beautiful when plated on white plates.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.