Lemon Chicken Pasta
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces uncooked capellini or angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup peeled and thinly sliced garlic cloves (about 12 cloves)
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat; add garlic. Cook and stir 30-60 seconds or until garlic is lightly browned. Add wine to pan; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan, until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in lemon juice.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; place in a large bowl. Add cheese, 1/3 cup parsley, half of the garlic mixture, and remaining salt and pepper; toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Serve with chicken. Drizzle with remaining garlic mixture; sprinkle with remaining parsley. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 403 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Jun 2, 2019
Great base recipe and easy to alter with your favorite flavors. My pasta needed a bit more olive oil and would have benefited from red pepper. Otherwise, it was a major hit! Will make again
Feb 2, 2019
Chicken had great texture and flavor. The pasta did need more seasoning but a little red pepper and salt, and increasing the parm really upped the flavor there. Definitely a great dish for kids.
Jun 20, 2018
This was an easy dish to make but I agree with the other reviews, this does need more spice to it. If I make it again, I will try it with shrimp.
Dec 28, 2017
I made as written and enjoyed the light, subtle flavors.
Mar 6, 2017
This was easy to make and tasted great. It could have used a bit more spice. I'll probably reduce the parsley next time, but overall I liked it. I will make it again.
Oct 30, 2016
The flavor is delicate but still full of garlic flavor. Works fine with fettuccine or, in a pinch, other types of pastas.
Jun 8, 2016
Everyone really liked this recipe. I agree with others that it needed a little something more spice-wise but overall a quick and easy dinner to prepare. I wonder if this is the same lemon chicken recipe Raymond's wife Deb used on Everybody Loves Raymond (ha ha)!!??
May 3, 2016
Easy but needed additional spices. I may try shrimp next time.
Apr 7, 2016
Very easy to put together but I will try some different spices in it next time and more cheese!
Mar 19, 2016
Love it, I made this last night the pasta was so good. Although I am not sure how the chicken would make it light sort of greasy. I think in future I will make it with grilled chicken to make it more light. The pasta part would go great with shrimp as well or as a side dish