Lemon Chicken Pasta
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces uncooked capellini or angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup peeled and thinly sliced garlic cloves (about 12 cloves)
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat; add garlic. Cook and stir 30-60 seconds or until garlic is lightly browned. Add wine to pan; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan, until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in lemon juice.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; place in a large bowl. Add cheese, 1/3 cup parsley, half of the garlic mixture, and remaining salt and pepper; toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Serve with chicken. Drizzle with remaining garlic mixture; sprinkle with remaining parsley. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 403 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 2, 2019
Chicken had great texture and flavor. The pasta did need more seasoning but a little red pepper and salt, and increasing the parm really upped the flavor there. Definitely a great dish for kids.
Jun 20, 2018
This was an easy dish to make but I agree with the other reviews, this does need more spice to it. If I make it again, I will try it with shrimp.
Dec 28, 2017
I made as written and enjoyed the light, subtle flavors.
Mar 6, 2017
This was easy to make and tasted great. It could have used a bit more spice. I'll probably reduce the parsley next time, but overall I liked it. I will make it again.
Oct 30, 2016
The flavor is delicate but still full of garlic flavor. Works fine with fettuccine or, in a pinch, other types of pastas.
Jun 8, 2016
Everyone really liked this recipe. I agree with others that it needed a little something more spice-wise but overall a quick and easy dinner to prepare. I wonder if this is the same lemon chicken recipe Raymond's wife Deb used on Everybody Loves Raymond (ha ha)!!??
May 3, 2016
Easy but needed additional spices. I may try shrimp next time.
Apr 7, 2016
Very easy to put together but I will try some different spices in it next time and more cheese!
Mar 19, 2016
Love it, I made this last night the pasta was so good. Although I am not sure how the chicken would make it light sort of greasy. I think in future I will make it with grilled chicken to make it more light. The pasta part would go great with shrimp as well or as a side dish