Lemon Chicken Tortellini
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, cook red pepper until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 2 cups broth; bring to a boil.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, lemon zest and pepper sauce if desired. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 358 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Dec 27, 2017
Very mild flavor- I halved the amount of pasta and other ingredients but stayed with a pound of chicken breasts. Not too bad. Used a prosciutto/chicken tortellini (what I had in the freezer) and lots more lemon peel that what the recipe called for but only got a hint of the lemon as well as the pepper sauce. On the fence about making again.
Jul 24, 2016
I made this for dinner last night, and my husband and I both loved it. An easy and different way to use chicken. This one is definitely a keeper!
Jul 21, 2012
My family loved it . I didn't add the peppers because my son doesn't eat them but there were no left overs .
Aug 9, 2011
very easy and quick!! Tastes amazing!
Jul 22, 2010
Tasty & quick
Sep 18, 2009
This is so great! Made it last night so easy and most of these items I already had in the pantry! Will definitely make it again
Aug 17, 2009
This was good. However next time I will use less tortellini, too much.