Lemon Chicken Tortellini
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, cook red pepper until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 2 cups broth; bring to a boil.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, lemon zest and pepper sauce if desired. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 358 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 27, 2017
Very mild flavor- I halved the amount of pasta and other ingredients but stayed with a pound of chicken breasts. Not too bad. Used a prosciutto/chicken tortellini (what I had in the freezer) and lots more lemon peel that what the recipe called for but only got a hint of the lemon as well as the pepper sauce. On the fence about making again.
Jul 24, 2016
I made this for dinner last night, and my husband and I both loved it. An easy and different way to use chicken. This one is definitely a keeper!
Jul 21, 2012
My family loved it . I didn't add the peppers because my son doesn't eat them but there were no left overs .
Aug 9, 2011
very easy and quick!! Tastes amazing!
Jul 22, 2010
Tasty & quick
Sep 18, 2009
This is so great! Made it last night so easy and most of these items I already had in the pantry! Will definitely make it again
Aug 17, 2009
This was good. However next time I will use less tortellini, too much.