Lemon Chicken Primavera
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, red pepper and garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, peas, salt, lemon peel, dill and pepper to pan. Cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 405 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 851mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
Apr 1, 2014
Very good. I used 3/4 lb of chicken, 1 tsp. of canola, yellow, orange and red peppers, the juice of one lemon plus the zest, skim milk, omitted the parmesan and it was delicious. I will make this again.
Dec 5, 2012
Also used lemon juice (1.5 TBSP) instead of lemon zest
Dec 5, 2012
Delicious and a good change of pace. I made a few alterations - olive oil instead of canola, a whole chopped red pepper, garlic powder instead of fresh, double the parmesan cheese, double the amount of pasta, and only 1/4 of the salt. Served with shredded Asiago.
Aug 26, 2012
Loved it. I cut the chicken a little smaller. But that is all I changed Yummy!
Jul 15, 2011
This was a nice simple meal to cook. I made a ton of it. I added mushrooms. It was yummy!
Jun 18, 2011
We liked this a lot. We doubled the pasta, sauce and chicken so we'd have leftovers, but did not double the spice. It was very creamy and delicious.
Jun 18, 2011
I really enjoyed the colors and taste of this dish. I doubled the sauce but not the spices and it was perfect for me.
Mar 30, 2011
Tonight, I finally made this recipe. I used asparagus and carrots, instead of peas. My family LOVED it! This recipe is a keeper!
May 10, 2010
This was good, and easy to make. I didn't have lemon peel, and don't care to use any citrus peel, so I used 2 tsp of lemon juice. I'd say it would take more than 1 T to get an actual lemony flavor. I would cut down the peas to 1 cup or 1 1/2 cups. I'd also add mushrooms and onion as well. Just because I'm fond of them and think it would fit well.
Apr 10, 2010
A great creamy pasta dish! I would definitely skip the peas next time though. The original recipe uses 2 cups - far too much for my taste.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.