Artichoke & Lemon Pasta
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta (about 12 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, well drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fill a 6-qt. stockpot three-fourths full with water; add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In same pot of water, cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add artichoke hearts; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add to pasta.
- Add asparagus, goat cheese, parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice and the remaining salt and oil; toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to coat. Heat through. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 343 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 919mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2019
Dec 31, 2018
I used spaghetti squash and also added sautéed tomatoes. I tried to cut up the strands to a few inches long so everything blended better! Sooooo yummy! Thanks!!
Nov 30, 2018
Shopped, prepped, all the ducks in a row and v excited to cook for my foodie daughter and then,,,I'd added 2 tsp crushed ginger instead of the garlic, horror! Scooped out what I could, added the garlic and pressed on. Miracles do happen, couldn't taste the ginger at all. A super easy recipe and perfect for family or guests. It didn't need the parmesan we decided and the bonus is you don't need to add anything at all, no salad, nothing. A stand alone very satisfying dish, thank you for sharing.
Apr 11, 2018
So simple and yummy. I think using freshly squeezed lemon juice gives it a fresher taste.
Dec 28, 2017
Simple, easy, and delicious!
May 2, 2017
As a diabetic I cannot eat the pasta but luckily for me they now make a Faro Pasta
Mar 29, 2016
Thanks Peter! Really enjoyed your recipe and story. Used 12 Oz of pasta though that was more than 4 cups. Only thing extra added was some fresh cracked pepper. Perfection!
Feb 27, 2016
I was pleasantly surprised how good this was, especially after seeing the lack of liquids. I used feta instead of goat cheese.
Nov 10, 2015
This was so Yummy!! Made it for some family stopping by and it was a hit. I would definitely make it for a dinner party.
Sep 29, 2015
Really delicious, nice and cheesy. Great way to use up asparagus when it is coming up fast and furious. Goes well with white wine.