Lemony Vegetables and Pasta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, red pepper, onion, oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, garlic and pepper flakes until blended. Whisk in broth until blended. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and peel; heat through. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add cheese sauce and asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pistachios, basil and additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 366 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Apr 30, 2014
I love this dish! Perfect for summer.
Mar 9, 2012
Very easy to prepare, enjoyable meal without meat
Sep 7, 2010
Can I have the nutritional information? It is very good...
Nov 24, 2009
delicious! kids and adults asked for seconds!
Apr 2, 2009
Yum this sounds wonderful. I will have to make it.Shannon
Mar 23, 2009
This was very good. I added chicken (chopped)to it. The red pepper flake definitely gives it a little kick!
Mar 23, 2009
Sounds delicious! I will try this recipe.
Mar 21, 2009
Thank you for posting this recipe, I will fix it tonight, sounds sooooo goood!
Mar 20, 2009
Mar 16, 2009
EXCELLENT! Easy to prepare and tastes great, two of my favorite things in a recipe. I will make this one again and again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.