Lemony Vegetables and Pasta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, red pepper, onion, oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, garlic and pepper flakes until blended. Whisk in broth until blended. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and zest; heat through. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add cheese sauce and asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pistachios, basil and additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 366 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 30, 2014
I love this dish! Perfect for summer.
Mar 9, 2012
Very easy to prepare, enjoyable meal without meat
Sep 7, 2010
Can I have the nutritional information? It is very good...
Nov 24, 2009
delicious! kids and adults asked for seconds!
Apr 2, 2009
Yum this sounds wonderful. I will have to make it.Shannon
Mar 23, 2009
This was very good. I added chicken (chopped)to it. The red pepper flake definitely gives it a little kick!
Mar 23, 2009
Sounds delicious! I will try this recipe.
Mar 21, 2009
Thank you for posting this recipe, I will fix it tonight, sounds sooooo goood!
Mar 20, 2009
Mar 16, 2009
EXCELLENT! Easy to prepare and tastes great, two of my favorite things in a recipe. I will make this one again and again.