Lemony Fish and Cucumbers
Brenda Biron of Sydney, Nova Scotia suggests the easy cleanup and tried-and-true convenience of a tinfoil packet to prepare her moist, mouthwatering meal in minutes flat. TIP: YOU CAN ALSO THROW THE PACKET ON THE BACKYARD GRILL…IF YOU HAVEN’T PUT IT AWAY YET.—Brenda Biron, Sydney, Nova Scotia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 3/4 pound cod
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Arrange cucumber slices on a 15x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Top with cod fillets; sprinkle with salt and 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Fold foil over and fold in edges twice, forming a pouch.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-17 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Carefully open pouch to allow steam to escape.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, basil and remaining lemon juice. Spoon over fish and cucumbers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 189 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.