Kohlrabi, Cucumber and Tomato Salad
This chilled, refreshing salad is wonderful on hot days. It has a nice crunch and a delicious balance of sweet and spicy flavors. —Kristina Segarra, Yonkers, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 pickled hot cherry peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large yellow tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 mini cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add peppers and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in vinegar and salt; remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the kohlrabi, tomatoes and cucumbers. Pour in onion mixture; gently toss to coat. Chill for 1 hour. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 59 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Kohlrabi cucumber and tomato salad in Taste of Home Summer 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.