Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup blueberries or halved red grapes
- Cut dough into three pieces: 6-1/2 in., 2 in. and 1-1/2 in. long. On a greased baking sheet, pat or roll the 6-1/2-in. piece into an oval, about 1/3 in. thick, for fish's body. (See diagrams above right for dimensions.)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the 2-in. piece into the circle; cut in half. Position the half circles at the end of body for tail; press to seal edges. Roll the remaining piece into a square; cut in half diagonally. Place the triangles above and below body for fins; press to seal edges.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Transfer fish to a serving platter. With a sharp knife, cut out a small triangle for mouth. Spread cream cheese mixture over entire fish. Arrange fruit as shown in photo. Refrigerate until serving.