Feta Tomato-Basil Fish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound walleye, bass or other whitefish fillets
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil fish 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes. Top each fillet with tomato mixture and cheese. Broil 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 241 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 660mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 29, 2019
Worked out great only using microwave. I didn’t use fresh onion or garlic (just powder)
Oct 23, 2013
I liked this one.
Nov 17, 2010
It was good, but my husband and I found it a little bland. I used light feta, fresh tomatoes and cod. I will make it again, but with some seasoning next time.
Jul 7, 2010
I love, love, love this recipe! I usually make it with tilapia fillets and it taste great. Very easy and quick!
Jun 16, 2009
I've made this twice for lunch now and really enjoy it. Quick, easy, tasty and healthy! I use orange roughy.