Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Layer the cheese, basil and tomatoes on four bread slices. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook in a preheated panini maker or indoor electric grill until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 411 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Sep 3, 2013
I made this and added a balsamic glaze to one side of the bread. Turned out very good! I also made one that had avocado on it and will do that again as well. This is a fresh sandwich that is perfect for a summer afternoon.
Jul 23, 2013
This was just too much for both my husband and I. I guess you could say it was overpowering with all that bread and cheese. I'm surprised because I love all the ingredients. Maybe it would be better to use a different kind of bread or less cheese?
May 10, 2013
I did make it with Swiss instead of Mozz since that was what we had on hand.