Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef shoulder top blade or flat iron steaks
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Hot cooked rice
- Place steaks in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add mushrooms and pepper. In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, tomato sauce, soup mix and basil; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without rice): 324 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1116mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 10, 2018
Easy weeknight dinner. Wasn't too crazy about it. Not making again.
Jul 17, 2017
I made this last night using chuck steak like everyone suggested. I used canned mushrooms and (not paying attention to the label) bought stewed tomatoes with celery, onions and green peppers. Also added 1 sliced onion. It is delicious! This is definitely a keeper!
Aug 4, 2016
My family loved this recipe! It was easy to throw together, and inexpensive to make.
Jul 28, 2016
When I think slow cookers I usually think winter foods.This was really good plus it didn't heat up the kitchen and was ready when I got home from work. The only change I made was I added onions instead of mushrooms.I added the onions and peppers an hour before serving it .served over rice.
Aug 18, 2015
Very easy dish. . The broth that you end up with has a LOT of delicious flavor. Like the other reviewer, I subbed chuck steak since it tenderizes nicely in the slow cooker. Next time, I'll add the peppers closer to the end of the cooking time as I prefer them crisp tender.
May 11, 2015
Delicious! Made this in class and it turned out perfect! We used boneless chuck steak for the meat. I will definitely make this again!