Tomato Steak Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 plain bagels, split
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 6 thick slices tomato
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add beef; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until browned; drain. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spread cut sides of bagels with cream cheese. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet; spoon beef over bagels. Top with tomato and mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 open-faced sandwich: 381 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 5, 2015
Whenever we go out to eat at a very nice place and I can't finish my steak, I bring it home and freeze it. So when I saw this recipe and hadn't figured out dinner yet, I realized I had all the ingredients including pieces of meat from the best restaurants in town! We all really liked it including my daughter who said, "Brilliant way to use a bagel!"
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.