Tomato Basil Linguine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 pound Brie or Camembert cheese, rind removed and cut into small pieces
- 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked linguine
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large serving bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1-1/2 hours.
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Toss with cheese mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 509 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Aug 17, 2019
I make this every year when tomatoes are in season. Lately I’ve used block mozzarella instead of Brie which is more expensive and more work. My family loves it and is excited when they learn its on the menu.
Apr 1, 2018
This should have been properly credited to the authors of The Silver Palate Cookbook, Sheila Lukins and Julee Russo, (published in 1982.)
Oct 3, 2014
This was OK. It wasn't as flavorful as I thought it might be.
Sep 17, 2012
Easy to make! Wonderful and very fresh tasting!
Jul 17, 2012
I've been making this dish for years. A quicker and easier version uses canned diced tomatoes, chopped garlic, olive oilbasil pesto or fresh basil, and shreddedParmesan cheese. Good with linguini or fettuccine. Tastes great hot or cold!
Jul 21, 2010
I would make this again, but I wouldn't use the brie, I don't care for this cheese. When I eat a pasta dish like this, I use fresh mozzarella or asagio cheese, also fontina cheese.
Jun 10, 2010
This is a great dish, easy to make and so very good
Dec 19, 2009
If you like pasta and Italian-type recipes, definitely try this one! The fresh basil gives it terrific taste. Try fresh mozzarella instead of the brie for even more authenticity. With fresh garden tomatoes, the basil, and freshly shredded Parmesan, this is excellent!