Garlic & Herb Steak Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Season steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add steak; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145° for medium-rare doneness. Remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, place pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with garlic-herb cheese. Top with spinach and onion.
- Cut steak into slices; arrange on pizza. Top with mushrooms and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into 12 pieces.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces : 440 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 926mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2019
I used naan bread and it was delicious. Very adaptable to different tastes
Oct 2, 2017
I've made this fantastic pizza several times now. As written & adapted in my own way- both ways are equally good ! The only things I've done differently is that I use about three-quarters of the container of garlic-herb cheese spread (6.5 ounce size container) I also cook the spinach, mushrooms and onions together until the spinach is wilted & mushrooms/onions are tender before adding to pizza. Thank you for a great recipe ! Our family really enjoys this pizza !
Sep 18, 2017
Fabulous pizza, but I do have some suggestions. Cut back all ingredients other than the spread, or you'll have a really deep pizza. Also, I think putting the spread on the crust and leaving it in the oven for a few minutes to get a bit of crust toastiness is beneficial. THEN put on the spinach, onion, meat and cheese. Also, if you like a bit of spiciness, consider sprinkling on some dried chipotle powder. I love the extra kick.
Mar 20, 2016
My husband said this was the best pizza he's ever had. The spreadable cheese makes a really easy, unique, and delicious sauce.