Pasta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
During the summer season, I like to prepare this pasta salad featuring garden-fresh tomatoes and basil. Fresh mozzarella adds a tasty touch.—Ken Churches, Kailua-Kona, HI
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 15 min.
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked linguine
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Add to cheese mixture. Stir in basil and tomatoes. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 574 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Pasta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.