Grilled Cheese, Bacon and Oven-Dried Tomato Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
- Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- Crispy Fried Onion Rings
- Easy Glazed Bacon
- Spread 3 tablespoons butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread, butter side down, in a large skillet or electric griddle over medium-low heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes; remove. In a small bowl, combine cheddar, Monterey Jack and Gruyere. In another bowl, mix together remaining 3 tablespoons butter, mayonnaise, Manchego cheese and onion powder.
- To assemble sandwiches, top toasted side of 4 bread slices with sliced brie and tomatoes. Sprinkle a portion of the cheddar cheese mixture evenly over brie; add fried onion rings. Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese mixture and add bacon; top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inwards. Spread the butter-mayonnaise mixture on the outsides of each sandwich. Place in same skillet and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 27, 2018
Prepared this for a friend for lunch and loved it - took a bit of time with oven roasting the tomatoes but well worth the effort - simply delicious and so many varieties of cheese - a real keeper