Grilled Cheese, Bacon and Oven-Dried Tomato Sandwich
Take your grilled cheese sandwich to a place it's never been before with crispy bacon and tangy tomatoes and five—yes, five!—types of cheese. —Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Total TimePrep Time: 12 minutes, Cook Time:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- Crispy Fried Onion Rings
- Easy Glazed Bacon
- Spread 3 tablespoons butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread, butter side down, in a large skillet or electric griddle over medium-low heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes; remove. In a small bowl, combine cheddar, Monterey Jack and Gruyere. In another bowl, mix together remaining 3 tablespoons butter, mayonnaise, Manchego cheese and onion powder.
- To assemble sandwiches, top toasted side of 4 bread slices with sliced brie and tomatoes. Sprinkle a portion of the cheddar cheese mixture evenly over brie; add fried onion rings. Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese mixture and add bacon; top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inwards. Spread the butter-mayonnaise mixture on the outsides of each sandwich. Place in same skillet and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
Originally published as The Best Ever Grilled Cheese Sandwich in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.