Sun-Dried Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Grilled cheese is a classic quick and easy meal. I love experimenting with different combinations. This is one of my favorites. —jessie Apfe, Berkeley, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh arugula
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor; process until blended.
- Spread over each of four bread slices; top with cheeses, arugula, red pepper and remaining bread. Brush outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- On a griddle, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 3-4 minutes per side.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 491 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Tasty Sundried Tomato Grilled Cheese in Simple & Delicious October/November 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.