Bacon & Cheese Sandwiches
This mean melt, with bacon, Dijon mustard and two kinds of cheese, is the perfect combo creamy-melty filling and crispy, buttery bread. —Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 8 slices cheddar cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices sweet onion
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread over four bread slices. Layer with cheeses, tomato, onion and bacon. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle, toast sandwiches over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Originally published as Bacon and Two-Cheese Grilled Sandwich in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.