Bacon-Provolone Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 8 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 8 romaine leaves
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with poultry seasoning. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; drain.
- On roll bottoms, layer the bacon, chicken and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with romaine and onion. Spread mayonnaise over cut side of roll tops; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 428 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 21, 2011
I used chicken tenders for this recipe and made these sandwiches for supper when my young grandchildren visited. I prepared frozen French fries and the banana split fruit salad featured to go alongside. The kids loved the meal and especially the sandwiches. I left out the sliced onion. Another time, I think I might spread the rolls with a combination of mayo and barbecue sauce for a little more flavor.
May 2, 2011
very Good and easy to make !
May 19, 2010
Great! The chicken was so moist and instead of mayo I used Buitoni pesto.