Bacon-Provolone Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 8 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 8 romaine leaves
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with poultry seasoning. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; drain.
- On roll bottoms, layer the bacon, chicken and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with romaine and onion. Spread mayonnaise over cut side of roll tops; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 428 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Jun 21, 2011
I used chicken tenders for this recipe and made these sandwiches for supper when my young grandchildren visited. I prepared frozen French fries and the banana split fruit salad featured to go alongside. The kids loved the meal and especially the sandwiches. I left out the sliced onion. Another time, I think I might spread the rolls with a combination of mayo and barbecue sauce for a little more flavor.
May 2, 2011
very Good and easy to make !
May 19, 2010
Great! The chicken was so moist and instead of mayo I used Buitoni pesto.