Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with Bacon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 cooked bacon strips
- 4 slices Colby cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the first 5 ingredients to a boil; boil, uncovered, for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes; set aside 1/2 cup for basting.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Pour remaining marinade into a large shallow container; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, buttermilk, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, chives, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Spread over roll bottoms; top with the chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion. Replace roll tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 720 calories, 35g fat (14g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 2516mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 47g protein.
Jul 24, 2012
I made a modified version of this recipe. I marinated flatened chicken breasts in the marinade. I made a sauce from a BC/Pillsbury recipe, Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. I served the sandwiches with bacon, lettuce, tomato and provolone cheese - REALLY good but messy. I thought this sauce was too complex but it might be good.
May 22, 2011
This recipe was so good! All the flavors went so well together. Thanks!
May 20, 2011
too many ingredients and they add unhealthy extra calories as well as sodium.Tasty I'm sure but it defeats the "healthier" part!!
May 20, 2011
I love blue cheese in the recipes..so good!