Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
My family loves Buffalo chicken wings but the frying makes them unhealthy. This takes out some of the fat but lets us enjoy the great taste of Buffalo chicken. —Terri McKenzie, Wilmington, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cups Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 6 hoagie buns, toasted
- Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing and celery ribs, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine first six ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 3-4 hours. Remove from slow cooker. Cool slightly; shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker. Using tongs, serve on hoagie buns. If desired, top with dressing and serve with celery ribs.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 398 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 2212mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018