Shredded Pork Sandwiches
I received this recipe from my sister Linda. Her recipes are always delicious because she's an excellent cook.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 to 14 hamburger buns, split
- Place roast in a Dutch oven or large kettle. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, water, celery, onion, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender and pulls apart easily. Shred meat with two forks. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 382 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Shredded Pork Sandwiches in Country Extra July 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.