Spicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- Place roast in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onions, pepperoncini, jalapenos, beer, soup mix, garlic and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 8-10 hours.
- Remove meat. Skim fat from cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve 1/2 cup meat mixture on each roll with a slice of cheese.
Editor's NoteLook for pepperoncini (pickled peppers) in the pickle and olive section of your grocery store.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 534 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1187mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.
Jan 30, 2017
Really tasty! I reduced the jalapenos so my kids would be able to eat this as well. This is a great party dish.
Jan 20, 2015
Everyone thought these subs were great.
Sep 2, 2013
I tried this last week, and love, love, LOVE it!! Easy to make and tasty!! I tried it with both pork and beef and froze the beef meal for later, although I think it's going to come out of the freezer before too long!!