Shredded Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 hours
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef eye round roast (3-1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 sandwich buns, split
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 8 ingredients. Pour half of mixture into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle beef with salt; add to slow cooker and top with remaining broth mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is tender. Shred meat with 2 forks and return to slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup beef mixture on each bun. Top with pickles if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 370 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Jul 13, 2019
This is a great recipe, super easy to follow. I made it keto by omitting the and bbq sauce. I didn't have ketchup so I used passata and added some balsamic, ground pepper and star anise and a red chilli. I tried stevia based sweetener to offset the sharpness, but it needs a little more sweetness so on reheating I'll add some rice malt syrup which is a healthy alternative to sugar to little sweetness a bit. Thanks heaps for the recipe. It was my first slow cooker Beef effort and it came out fantastic.
Jan 9, 2016
Husband had three-yes-three portions for dinner. I'd say that's a great recipe! Ingredients were easy to find/purchase and nice to have a dish that can cook all day and be ready for dinner.
Jan 2, 2014
The beef was excellent, with or without the buns. I might recommend skimming some of the fat from the sauce before storing for leftovers.
Sep 7, 2013
This is my family's go to recipe for a busy night. Great flavor! Loved by all!
Mar 7, 2011
I don't have a sweet tooth by any means, but my husband & I found this to be slightly on the sour side. I ended up adding a little extra brown sugar & we both liked it much better that way the next day.
Nov 19, 2009
The addition of dill pickles is what sets this one apart from many very good shredded beef sandwich recipes I have. This one will be added to the collection!
Oct 14, 2009
Yes it is great
Jul 25, 2009
This has a nice flavor, not too bold or overwhelming. It's even better the next day for lunch.
May 18, 2009
May 16, 2009
Some people do like salt. I would add it.