Shredded Barbecue Beef
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Combine the celery salt, garlic powder and onion powder; rub over brisket. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine liquid smoke if desired and hot pepper sauce; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and cool slightly. Discard all but 1/2 cup cooking juices; whisk barbecue sauce into cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker and mix well. Heat through. Serve about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each roll.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 387 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Jun 3, 2014
I will never use any other recipe. This is the *one I will use from now on. The aroma filled my entire house and I couldn't wait to try it! After trying my first bite-the flavor did not disappoint! I will never use another brisket recipe. So glad I found this. Thank you so much for sharing. All of my friends and family were raving the whole night.
Dec 14, 2011
Super yummy! Great flavor and very tender.
Sep 13, 2011
Love the flavor! I used 2 2-1/2 pound briskets that were thin cut (like a ham steak) and they cooked in about 4 hours. The BBQ coated the shreds, but it was not overly saturated with sauce. If you like a lot of sauce be sure to use a smaller brisket or more sauce.
Dec 21, 2009
This is WONDERFUL and easy to make. I make this when I have company over and everyone loves it !!!
Jan 24, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.