Smoky Beef Brisket
A friend and I first ate this brisket at a restaurant, then came home and duplicated it with great success. Leftovers make terrific sandwiches.—Sue McQueen, Cameron, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 4 min.
- 2 to 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh beef brisket (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon each celery salt, garlic salt and onion salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the liquid smoke, pepper and salt; add the brisket. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Combine the brown sugar, celery salt, garlic salt, onion salt, nutmeg and paprika; rub over meat. Wrap in a large sheet of heavy-duty foil; seal tightly. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket to a warm serving platter; skim fat from pan juices. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup pan juices with barbecue sauce; cook and stir until thickened. Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with sauce.