Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 14 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 miniature smoked sausages
- 7 bacon strips
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Spread a teaspoonful of cream cheese into each pepper; stuff each with a sausage.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise; cook in a microwave or skillet until partially cooked. Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper half: 86 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 8, 2018
Great way to make poppers! I usually pan fry my bacon a little helps cut back on the grease.
Feb 5, 2018
These were super! I cut the jalepenos in half, and filled each half with cream cheese and a sausage before wrapping in bacon (didn't need the toothpick). We will be making more!
Nov 20, 2009
I also used some small sweet peppers for those who do not like hot, very yummy. Be sure to use center cut or higher quality bacon or may be too greasy. Quick and easy.
Sep 7, 2009
I baked mine for 40 minutes and they were still way too hot for my guests. I eat jalapeno peppers all the time and I even found them to be way too hot. Maybe next time I bake them for at least an hour.