Smoky Grilled Corn on the Cob
We love corn and are always looking for new ways to enjoy it. This tastes great right off the grill but leftovers are delicious in salads and tacos. I like to let the corn cool, cut it off the cob, then top it with butter and fresh cracked pepper. —Rachel Smith, Vicksburg, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 medium ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Brush corn with oil. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over corn. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with kitchen string. Place in a Dutch oven; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn: 120 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Chipotle Roasted Corn in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.